Saturday, November 15, 2008

Turkey Trot

Today I ran my first 5k!

It sounds really ambitious, but it is actually only 3.1 miles. Still, it's the most I've ever run! I finished in 34minutes. A bunch of girls from Stroller Strides started running together this summer (joined by some girls from the neighborhood), and as a group decided to do 5k's periodically. This race was in our neighborhood, the first annual Turkey Trot benefitting the local elementary schools. I figured what better way to get back in shape than to get on the wagon!

These are all my friends from the neighborhood that ran. Paul was the only hubby who got dragged along by his wife! From left to right, Vicki (this was her 1st 5k), Andrea, Megan, Stephanie and Elizabeth (who, by the way, ran the race in 25 minutes!), myself, Paul, and Mollie (who ran pushing her 4 and 2 year olds in the stroller... incredible!) We had so much fun, and it was such a beautiful fall day. Now on to the Jingle Bell Dash in December where I will attempt to beat my time!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am SO PROUD OF YOU... what an incredible accomplishment!!! Now on to the next race...

BTW, I ran it in 24:47, not 25 mins ;-) Every second counts!

CrazyRossHouse said...

Awesome!!!

I am so jealous we don't live up there. You look like you have so much fun together;-)

dreaming and breathing said...

yay! congrats! you rock!

The Twohy Family said...

Congrats on your first 5K! Isn't it a great feeling? I'm so proud of you for doing this!