Wednesday, July 30, 2008

That's all folks...


Well..... the baby did not turn :(

BUT, it will be here next week!

Dr. Van Kessel worked really hard, for about 15 minutes, but the baby just wouldn't move. She thinks it's head is too big... for whatever reason, it's there to stay! I'm really grateful to her for trying. She typically doesn't do versions, so this was her really putting herself out there for me. And I'm okay with it... not sad... it just isn't meant to be. Anyway, we're going to do an amnio on Monday, and if the lungs are mature, we'll proceed with a c-section on Tuesday. I'm ready to shift my focus to finally getting to meet this new baby... and with any luck will be home with my family by next weekend.

Thankyou all for your good thoughts and prayers!

Oh, something cool... my nurse today happens to be Kendra, who was my L&D nurse with Avery. She is amazing, AND she's going to be my nurse for the delivery next week. I'll have to be sure and get a pic.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to hear that baby didn't want to move... but how exciting! Tuesday is the day! YEAH!!!

Kristin said...

You have done everything you could possibly do. I know Tuesday seems far away. That cute little baby will erase all bad memories. Can't wait to see the dark hair! Talk to you soon.

kkp1220 said...

Hey Sarah!!! Found you from Elizabeth's blog. Sorry you have been in the hospital so long. Try to enjoy it because when you get home "vacation" is over;-)

Love,
Kelsey